Friday 17 August 2012

TRUE FRIENDSHIP


 
 


www.funscrape.com
On my 50th birthday it donned on me that my life has been surrounded by people who have demonstrated to me what it means to live your to the fullest and not let obstacles dictate your future.  As I embark on my next target of reaching 100 years, I feel it’s proper to acknowledge a lady whom I have come to call a friend and tell the world what I have learned from her through a note that I had penned to her.  The note reads as follow:

 
I know of a woman who has shown me that Society should not determine how you live your life, a lady with so much strength to rise against all odds and claim her rightful place. My friend your strength and resilience amazes me, its women like you that make me proud to be counted amongst the female species. You don't conform to the standards that our narrow minded society set for us, you crafted your own and did not comprise on them, you are indeed a lady of substance. Keep on rising young lady because the sky is the limit.
I have past my prime years, I have lived a life filled with success, obstacles, happiness and hurt, but I am still standing through all the storms I have encountered.  I know I owe some of the achievements and courage that I have gained because of people like her, people who are not scared to tell you when you are wrong and its people of that nature that make me proud to have live the life that I have lived for 50 years.  I pray and hope I will meet more people of this caliber that will complement my life, people who will love me for who I am and not expect more than I can offer.  I thank my dear friend for being my ideal friend and hope for many years with her. #smed12

1 comment:

  1. This is a truly inspirational and heartfelt piece. Well written. Thank you for sharing and may you have another fruitful 50 years as you strive for that 100 year mark.

    ReplyDelete