Friday 8 June 2012

Everyday is a good day





                                                africanchildplaying.jpg


What a life my granddaughters  are living, to them life is a breeze and they appreciate every moment of it.  Being home full time has opened my eyes on the privileges some of kids of today have, they don’t have to worry about whether they will be food when they return from school, they don’t have to worry about heading cattle’s from the fields, they have an opportunity to live their lives the way children should.

Observing the way they carry themselves, living freely and loving this life of theirs brings joy to my heart because I know their freedom was gained through hard work, many people lost their lives making sure that my grandchildren will live in a society where they feel nothing less than freedom, a society where they can realize their true potential and aspire to be who and what they want to be.

I am truly happy to observe the fruits of our fallen heroes and heroin’s is paying off, I am happy that there are children who can play around the streets without fearing any danger and they know that their communities supports them in what they do.  Yes I am not oblivion to the fact that there are still many obstacles to overcome, there are children out there who are not privileged as my grandchildren, they need to fight for their daily survival, and they go to bed without a meal.  I understand all the challenges that our country is facing, but I am merely admiring the few who can indeed say everyday is a good day, a statement I wish many children will come to pronounce and  a statement that was relevant in my own childhood.






No comments:

Post a Comment