Friday 17 February 2012

THE FUTURE GENERATION

                                                                   www.iol.com
As I move through the streets of the township where I spent most of my adult years, I notice three shebeens packed with boys and girls whom I conclude have not reached the age of 21 years.  I looked with astonishment at their disregard for elderly people, during the years of my youth consuming alcohol was done in secret, no elder should see you filling your body with toxins.


I continued my journey and I also noticed a group of girls and boys sitting on the pavement and they seemed not to have anything to occupy their time with.  I took a second and wondered what happened to the community that bred leaders, a community where I was taught to fight for what belonged to me and to aspire to be counted amongst the greatest young women and men of our time.  I stopped and observed the attitude that these born-free have towards building their lives and contribute towards total liberation of our beautiful country.



It saddens me to see the future generation throw away opportunities that many children around our continent only dream of.  Parents, Educators and the government can do so much to stir the future generation to a right direction, the onus is on children themselves to realise that time wait for no one, its up to them to wake up and realise that nothing comes on a silver platter, one has to work in order to reap the fruits of his labour.#smed12

No comments:

Post a Comment