Friday 17 February 2012

HOW HARD IS IT TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS



I have posed this question many times to my 19 years old son who finds it difficult to follow the instructions that I give him. The answer I always get from his is that it is not hard to follow instruction and when I follow up with another question of why then does he refuse to follow instructions, then he will keep quiet.


Throughout my working life I have discovered that following an instruction of something that I believe in is not difficult, I would give it my utmost best and make sure that the results are of good quality.

On the other hand I find it extremely difficult to follow instructions on work that I know is not suppose to be done as per the instruction and at times that would not sit well with the person giving out the instruction.

There is a lot that is processed by the mind when one is responding to an instruction. The mind would ask a question of whether this is a right thing to do, will following this instruction lead me into trouble and if I do not follow it , will I then put my job into jeopardy.

As I write this blog I conclude maybe even with my son, the instructions that I have given him are things that he believes he should not do and his immature mind has not given him the courage to stand up to me and explain why it is so hard for him to follow my instructions. #smed12

No comments:

Post a Comment