Friday 30 March 2012

THE COLOUR OF COURAGE


What is the colour of courage from a mother who has be told that her only child has passed on to the unknown world.  A mother who has spent all her life working and living for this child and has his child’s life ended by a thug who had no regard of another person’s life, the responsibility’s that that person had and the lives his cruel deed will impact by pulling that trigger.

Not long along I wrote a blog about the colour of wind where my line of thought was that the wind has no colour, today I write about the colour of courage of a woman whose life has been turned upside down by a fatal attack on her child. 

It is in the spirit of that woman where I witnessed the colour of courage.  A mother upon receiving the news of the departure of her son mourned and prayed for what had happened calling the almighty to be with her during this time of great loss.  She cried as expected and went through a state of depression.  The one thing I admired about this mother is the fact that through her prayers she prayed for courage and that she should remain true to her faith, she prayed that the Lord should keep her still and remind her all the time that he is God.  She courageously prepared the funeral service of her child and requested to be amongst the family delegates that went to identify the body a day before the burial service. She stood tall and carried herself with dignity throughout the murder trial where the man was found guilty of that criminal act. 

This courageous woman requested that she be allowed to see this man and to my astonishment the only words she uttered where “It is well with my soul, I am hurt but I hold no grudge against you even though you took away my only child.  I know my child is brighten the corridors of heaven and God will decide your punishment” and she left him.

Through out this terrible ordeal, I noticed the gracious courage this mother had, her courage was evident to everyone, she singly handed raised this child and she buried him.  I may not be able to pin point the exact colour of that courage but believe me that courage touched our hearts and left a permanent mark. #smed12

No comments:

Post a Comment