Tuesday 8 May 2012

Wedding cake in the middle of the road


http://www.andreameyer86.blogspot.com/
He said he loved me, he said he will never hurt me and he said he will move heaven and earth to make sure that I never shed a tear.  Little did I know my Prince charming was living a double life, the man of my dreams was actually married to another lady and they had three children together. The day that was supposed to be the happiest day of my life turned sour, the dream I had of walking down the aile to marry the father of my child, turned out to be the worse nightmare I have ever had. 

The day started on a very high note, laughter and joy everywhere but all that soon turned into tears when a woman same age as me walked in to announce that the man I was about to marry was married to her and they have three children together.  At first I thought it was all a joke but soon I noticed that no one was laughing, my mother was actually crying and mumbling something I could not hear.  The shock of hearing these news made me numb, I could not move, I could not speak and I could not shed a tear.  For days there was just a painful lump in my throat, the pain was so immersed I felt like literally taking out my heart and blow some air on it so that the hurt can vanish.

To make matters worse, the snake came to my house with his family members to apologize to me and my family stating that they still wanted to continue with the wedding.  To my astonishment, the elders justified the lies of their son saying it’s normal and acceptable for a man to have more than one family, culture permitted for such things.  I was physically and emotionally drained, I could not believe what I had just heard, without saying a word to him and his delegates, I stood up, took the cake and placed it in the middle of the road.  Fortunately I still had the spare keys of his car, I got in the car, drove off and smashed the cake into peaces.  I then went back in the house and asked them to leave and never return.  #smed12

No comments:

Post a Comment