Tuesday 8 May 2012

What is the role of our churches in today's society?





This question has lingered in my son’s head for a long time and he battles to understand the role of the many churches we have in this country.  Two weeks ago my son visited a church with his friend and came back traumatized at the value put in money, how people should give to the church and what will happen to them when they open their wallets.

My son came back asking with so many social ills in our country, what are churches doing to combat these ill, why are they not going out of their comfort zone to preach to the sinners the word of God.  With a concern expression he told me that there is no point in preaching the word of God to those that have been reformed, the message is needed by the outside world where these cruel acts are occurring.

I took a moment to think of what my son had told me, in some way I concurred with his sentiments. There is a lot our churches can do to revive morals in our societies and its high time religious people move out of their air-conditioned buildings and preached the word of God to those that need it the most.#smed12

No comments:

Post a Comment