Tuesday 4 September 2012

I AM


 
 
I am a child of God, I am a beautiful Xhosa women from the Nguni Tribe.  I am an African and I owe my being to the Lord the Creator of all and my Ancestors whom I acknowledge in my life.  I am a woman born during the worst political system in our country.

I am daughter to my parents, a mother to my children and a lady that had to play the role of a father to my kids.  I am a sibling to my sister and brothers, I am a daughter of the soil and I am grateful to  those that fought for my liberation.  Indeed I acknowledge their immense contribution and I thank the Lord to have seen what liberation is when there are less restriction to a person that is classified BLACK.

I am a lady that has been loved and hurt in the process.  I am a lady that has overcome some blows in the quest to defining oneself.  I may define myself in many words but above all the descriptions, I maintain that I am a child of God. #smed12

No comments:

Post a Comment