Thursday 8 November 2012

New bank notes

www.sareservebank.org.za
I heard people expressing their dissatisfaction about the look of our new bank notes.  I knew even before seeing the notes that I would fall in love with them.  I knew before touching them that I would be honoured to carry a picture of an African leader in my wallet.  I knew I would be honoured to carry a face of a person that had sacrificed and contributed so much towards my liberation.
 
 
 
Honestly, if it were up to me, if it was possible, I would love to carry the faces of all those people that rose against all odds  and fought for my  total emancipation.  I am one of those that are able to appreciate the value of these notes, their look and feel is not relevant to me but their symbolism means the world to me.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment