Wednesday 7 November 2012

Of all the forms of courage, the ability to laugh is the most





I could not have ended my blogging journey and my 2012 academic year on a better piece than the one I am writing.  This year marks many things in my life.  It is the year I celebrate my 50th birthday and its also the year I finally persuaded my life long dream, my dream of obtaining my degree.  The year has been filled with hardships and sorrow but I have managed to pull through because of my ability to laugh.

Laughing has got me through the most unbearable pain, it got me through a time when I thought my ship was sinking and I had to surrender.  There are many types of courage but the ability to laugh has proven to be one of the greatest remedies of pulling though day of hardship for me.  Many saw my face and though all was well, they saw my jovial safe and they concluded that my life was perfect but little did they know that behind that smile and laughter there were wounds that were still bleeding.

When one is in pain, laughing is an effort and many of us take that for granted up until we are faced with life changing circumstances, and then we realize and understand the courage it takes to laugh when one’s world is falling apart.  The courage it takes to laugh when your friends have turned their backs on one and one is alone in a spate confussion.  Courageous are those that wear a smil when the world has turned its back on them, courageous are those that can share a laugh when the forces are against them. #smed12




No comments:

Post a Comment